Smartphones have become one of the essential parts of our life. With technology advancement, every work is now possible in mobile. From email, messages, transactions to important files, office work, we are very reliable on mobile devices. So, you need to make sure that the device stays safe and secure to prevent losing all your data. As rare it seems, the incident of phone cracking or getting damaged from a drop is very common. This is why you need to know Dragontrail vs. Gorilla Glass, which one is good for protection.
Smartphones now come with protective glasses that help the phone to survive a fall. Yes, they also help to keep the screen scratch less. There are many protection glasses available, but the most popular ones are Dragon Trail and Gorilla Glass Protection. One of the most common questions that come to mind of every smartphone user is, which one is better among them. So, here is a comparison of Dragontrail vs. Gorilla Glass to help you know the details.
Dragontrail Glass is one of the most popular protection glasses that is used in many devices. This glass manufactured by AGC Inc. and engineered using the alkali-aluminosilicate sheet, which makes it damage-resistant, lightweight, and thin. Some of the common ones are Alcatel, Blackberry, Google Pixel 3a, Lava, Samsung Galaxy J3, Sony Xperia, XOLO, and others. As the Dragontrail Glass protection is scratch-resistant and strong, it is very popular.
Gorilla Glass is another very popular protection, many companies use this glass in their smartphones. Corning from USA manufacture this glass, which many users use in their phone. Some of the common ones include Xiaomi, Realme, OnePlus, Huawei, Samsung, Vivo, and others. The Gorilla Glass protection is made using alkali-aluminosilicate and also used in other devices such as computers, media players, TV.
Dragontrail Glass vs. Gorilla Glass
When it comes to Dragontrail vs. Gorilla Glass safety, there are some things that you need to know.
- Manufactured in Japan
- Vickers Hardness Rating is 595 to 673
- This glass does not have any versions
- Used in most tablets and smartphones
- Manufactured using a float process
- Recently gaining popularity
- Thin, scratch-resistant, damage-resistant, lightweight
- Launched in 2011
- Environment friendly (comes without arsenic, lead, and antimony)
- Manufactured in the USA
- Vickers Hardness Rating is 622 to 701
- Have many versions such as Gorilla Glass 2,3,4
- Used mostly in smartphones, tablets, laptops, computers, TVs, portable media players, and others
- Very popular and establish
- Manufactured using the Ion-Exchange method
- Scratch-resistant, thin, lightweight, damage-resistant
- Launched in 2007, different versions came in 2012,2013,2014
- High performance in the drop test
- Better surface quality
- Each version comes with different features. Gorilla Glass 2 is more than 20% thinner, Gorilla Glass 3 is 40% more scratch-resistant and kills 90% of bacteria with silver ion doping, and so on
Both of these glass protections are very good and popular. However, when it comes to Dragontrail vs. Gorilla Glass protection phone, Gorilla glass is slightly better and more effective. It comes with better protection and features that ensure the safety of your devices.
However, make sure to go through all the differences and details of Dragontrail vs. Gorilla Glass to find out which one is better for you. Also, do let us know which protection does your phone has in the comments below.