Snap, the parent company of Snapchat, keeps on adding nifty features to its app. The social media app recently added a feature that allowed users to share stories together with their friends. Now, a new feature for the Snap map is here on the app and it helps you find restaurants near you.
Sounds familiar? Yes, it is, it indeed acts like Google Maps app, however, with Snap Map’s advanced AI allows users directly get recommendations while they travel through a place. For this feature, Snap has collaborated with The Infatuation. Since the well-known name is here, you know that Snapchat is pretty serious about this feature. That being said, let’s see how you can use this restaurant recommendation feature on Snapchat.
It is worth noting that the app is currently limited to select regions. It is live in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, London, D.C, Austin, Atlanta, Philadelphia, Miami, and Denver.
How to use Snapchat’s Restaurant recommendation feature
1. Open Snapchat on your Phone.
2. Click on your Profile on the top left.
3. Scroll to the bottom and tap on Snap Map (It may ask for location permission if doing it for the first time, simply allow it).
4. Now, tap on The Infatuation icon on the top right corner.
5. Once you tap on The Infatuation, you will get restaurant recommendations on Snapchat.
Now you should be seeing some of the supported restaurants near you. The restaurants will have reviews too to let you decide the best eating place for you.