Having a hard time finding your old tweets on Twitter? Well, it is not you, there are plenty of people who faces this problem very often. While many people just want to remember the old tweets, others want to find them to find any information. It is time taking to manually scroll down till you find them. So, you need to know other ways to find the old tweets. Here are some tried and succeeded methods that you must try to find old tweets on Twitter.
Advanced search on Twitter
This is the easiest one among all the other methods to find old tweets. Here is the step-by-step guide is given below.
- Open your Twitter account, go to the advanced search page on Twitter.
- You will find a ‘People’ subheading after ‘Words’. In the ‘From’ section, enter your username without any @. Enter dates in the ‘Dates’ section for your search.
- Click on search to find all the trending tweets of that period listed.
- You can click on the latest from the top bar to view old tweets that you have sent in that specific period.
- If you do not remember the time you sent that tweet, try to enter the words, phrases, or any words that you remember to find it.
Complete Archive of Tweets
Looking for a complete archive of your tweets is not only a good practice on social media, but it also helps to find old tweets on Twitter.
- Go to the account setting of your Twitter and click on ‘Request your archive’ under the content.
- based on how large your archive is, Twitter will take its time for minutes, hours, and even days. You will get a notification once it is prepared.
- Click on ‘Download your data’ from Twitter or check your mail for the link.
- You can either double click on the .zip file to watch all the tweets you have sent or open the tweets.csv file in the spreadsheet to view old tweets.
Use an application
You can take the help of old Twitter finder apps to view your old tweets. There are some services like AllMyTweets and others that help you to find your tweets instantly.
- Visit the website of AllMyTweets and use your Twitter account credentials to sign in.
- After signing in, go to the username section, enter the username you want to see the tweets from, and click on ‘Get Tweets’.
- It might take some time to show you the results based on the number of tweets. However, the app will show you all the tweets in chronological order. You can easily find the tweet you are looking for in the list.
- Tick the checkboxes on the top of the menu ‘hide retweets and replies’ to easily find old tweets on Twitter.
If you are wondering how to look for old tweets, then you can follow these above-mentioned methods to find your tweets in no time. However, make sure to check your credentials and dates very carefully to get the best results.