The Xiaomi 12 will most likely be announced at the end of this year and will be accompanied by the updated MIUI 13. The latest OS version’s logo has leaked via Xiaomi’s Feedback app and is similar to the geometric pattern of the previous various of 12.
This was found by the Xiaomi UI team, who dug out even more information about the planned upgrade — videos showcasing some new features, which were also discovered in Xiaomi applications that had been changed in preparation for the launch.
MIUI 13 features
Infinite Scroll function, allows users to loop the home screen infinity no of times that is when you reach the last page you get to the first home screen, this feature is actually pretty old for Android users and is now making a come back.
MIUI 12 introduced the Video Toolbox function, which was renamed Smart Toolbox in MIUI 12.5 beta. The feature is currently known as Sidebar in MIUI 13.
An additional feature is called Small widgets, which were first presented in the MIUI 12.5 and will soon find their way to the stable MIUI 13.
Other considerable modifications to the MIUI 13 user interface, additional features will be included to enhance the user experience. Currently, these are not known and we will have to wait for the official launch.
One major Feature
The Virtual Ram technology called Memory Expansion will greatly help older Xiaomi phones in providing smooth operation.MIUI 13 will allow any Xiaomi smartphone, Redmi, Poco, to have an extra 2GB of RAM on top of the phone’s hardware RAM.
The following Xiaomi phones are likely to receive the MIUI 13 update:
- The Mi 11 series includes the Mi 11 Ultra, Mi 11, Mi 11 Pro, Mi 11X Pro, and Mi 11 Lite.
- Mi 10 series includes the following models: Mi 10T Pro, Mi 10T, Mi 10-Lite, Mi 10 5G, Mi 10 Ultra, and Mi 10 Pro 5G.
- Mi Note 10 series includes the Mi Note 10 Pro & Lite and the Mi 10
- The Redmi K40 series consists of the Redmi K40, Redmi K40 Pro, Redmi K40 Pro+
- Redmi K30 Ultra, Redmi K30i 5G, Redmi K30 5G Racing, Redmi K30 Pro Zoom, Redmi K30 Pro, Redmi K30, and Redmi K30 5G
- The Redmi Note 9 series includes the Redmi Note 9 Pro, Redmi Note 9, Redmi Note 9S, and Redmi Note 9 Pro Max.
- Poco X series: Poco X3 NFC, Poco X3, Poco X3 Pro, Poco X2 Pro , Poco X2
- Poco M series: Poco M3, Poco M2 Pro, Poco M2
According to early indications, MIUI 13 will be mostly identical to later versions of MIUI 12, with minor design changes, however, Xiaomi might be hiding something significant for the December 28 launch event, we will have to wait and see.
MIUI 13 Launch Date
The MIUI 13 is touted to launch by the end of the year. The Xiaomi 12 will be the first phone launching with MIUI 13 and soon after its release, other phones are expected to get the update.